North Fulton Community Improvement District officials turned Westside Parkway in Alpharetta into a parking lot Monday afternoon, but it was only a prelude to the road’s long-awaited opening an hour or so later.
Fast Facts About Westside Parkway
- The speed limit is 40 mph.
- Westide Parkway runs between Mansell Road near exit 8 on GA 400 to Windward Parkway near exit 11.
- Deerfield Parkway “extends” Westside from Windward north to GA 9 in Milton beside Kohl’s.
- A two-lane road, Old Roswell Road, connects Westside south down to Holcomb Bridge.
- Georgia has had four governors and three different state flags since Westside Parkway planning first began.
Moses Brown, vice chairman of the North Fulton CID said the group’s goal is to enhance the quality of life in North Fulton. Making infrastructure improvements is part of how that goal is achieved. It was formed in 2003 to help gt the southern