Want to help your neighborhood school?
Target Corp. is giving away $2.5 million in gift cards to schools that they can use to purchase supplies.
The online voting contest, which ends Sept. 9, is simple: For every 25 votes a school receives, Target will send that school a $25 gift card.
It’s part of the discount retailer’s goal of giving away $1 billion toward various education-related intiatives by the end of 2015.
In Atlanta, six of the top vote-getters Friday afternoon were schools in East Atlanta Patch according to Target’s tally on Facebook:
- Charles R Drew Charter School: 219 votes
- Atlanta Neighborhood Charter School: 183 votes
- Toomer Elementary School:120 votes
- Wesley International Academy: 96 votes
- Mary Lin Elementary School:78 votes
- Hope-hill Elementary School: 50 votes