U.S. Rep. David Scott, whose 13th district includes parts of southwest Atlanta, is hosting a two-day series of meetings designed to help homeowners with mortgage services and counseling.
The Help For Homeowners Community Events will be held on June 1 and 2 at the Georgia International Convention Center in College Park.
The events are being presented in partnership with the U.S. Departments of Treasury and Housing and Urban Development. The events are free opportunities for struggling homeowners to meet one-on-one with mortgage servicers and HUD-approved housing counselors for mortgage assistance.
Housing options that will be offered include:
- on site preparation of applications for the Georgia HomeSafe program;
- initial counseling to apply for a mortgage modification;
- document signing and review for modifications;
- on-site execution of final modification agreements;
- counseling for homeowners who are current but struggling on their mortgages; and
- short-sale assistance.
The workshops will be held from 1:00-8:00 pm on