Students get a vacation day on Friday, the third inclement weather day of the year, according to Forsyth County Schools.
The other tidbit of news is the revised 2012-13 student calendar.
In the new school year there will be 178 student days (one less student day) and teachers will have 187 days (three less teacher days).
The revisions include the following:
- Thursday, Aug. 2, 2012 was taken away for high school staff.
- School staff will receive Friday, Oct. 19, 2012 as a holiday (the final staff day for a total of three).
- Elementary and middle school staff receives an additional staff day on Friday, Dec. 21, 2012.
- Professional Development day will now be on Friday, Feb. 15, 2013 moved from Feb. 18, 2013.
- Students and staff will get Monday, Feb.