Fire investigators were on the scene Saturday evening of a fire that ripped through a home at 431 Ewing St. in Princeton Township around 3:15 p.m.
Princeton Fire Investigator Charles Sugge said the fire appears to be accidential and the home is uninhabitable.
Two firefighters suffered injuries – heat exhaustion and a knee injury – but the family inside the home escaped without injury, according to fire investigators.
The blaze started as a vacuum cleaner was operating outside, sucking up dust from the home after the homeowner sanded the wood floors inside, Sugge said. The homeowner’s young son noticed the flames, which quickly spread to the siding and up to the roof.
Mark Freda, a member of the Princeton Fire Department, was driving down Harrison Street when he saw the smoke and quickly called it in on his radio.
“The whole section of the house was