Here in Georgia…
- Democrats in the legislature are working up their own version of the charter schools amendment. I’m told that HR 1162 will come up for a vote in the House this morning, but I haven’t had a chance to confirm that.
- We may see the creation of the City of Ashford this year, but Brookhaven seems dead.
National stories of interest…
- Supporters of Proposition 8, California’s gay marriage ban, lost their appeal yesterday.
- Economist Stephen Moore asks President Obama about fairness.
- Don’t expect President Obama’s mortgage plan to do much to help the economy.
- More government spending doesn’t translate into happiness.
- The last known WWI veteran has passed away.
- In an interview with Reason, Jim DeMint explains why the Republican Party must become more libertarian.
- Pew Research has new information on trends in religious voters party affiliation.
- The Competitive Enterprise Institute makes the case for free market immigration reform.
- Shikha Dalmia explains the significance of Indiana’s passage of right-to-work legislation.