Here in Georgia…
- Here is the final installment with Rep. Tom Graves on FreedomWorks’ Tea Time.
- A new stadium for the Falcons will cost more than potential revenue.
- The AJC dives into the freebies from lobbyists that Don Balfour has racked up.
- Page Pate discusses the Judicial Nominating Commission.
- Joanie Scott explores the taxpayer-owned golf course boondoggle in Henry County.
National stories of interest…
- No, President Barack Obama has not been fiscally responsible. More here.
- Mitt Romney used Memorial Day to claim that the world is a dangerous place that requires a strong military.
- Anarchist groups are promising trouble in London during the Olympics.
- Dick Lugar won’t actively campaign for his former opponent, who beat him for the GOP Senate nomination in Indiana.
- Does it matter if a presidential candidate doesn’t have military experience?
- The DNC is downplaying the recall election against Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker, indicating that they don’t expect to win.
- George Will isn’t a fan of Donald Trump.
- Here are seven ways to be indefinitely detained.
- According to a Florida judge, flashing your lights to warn other drivers of a speed trap is protected speech.
- Another federal judge has stuck down the Defense of Marriage Act.
- A plurality of Americans label themselves as “fiscally conservative” on economics.
- American Airlines kicked a woman off a flight because of her t-shirt.
A few that I like…
- Cardinals: 8, Braves: 2
- Btw, the Braves have dropped eight straight games.
- There was a great moment yesterday before the game when a family was reunited with their father, who had been serving in Afghanistan.
- The bicentennial of the War of 1812 is approaching.