Here in Georgia…
- Voters in Athens will have a couple of chances to hear candidates running for local office.
- Lance Lamberton, founder of the Cobb Taxpayers Association, recently answered some questions from the AJC about the TSPLOST.
- Rupert Grint and Alan Rickman will be doing a movie about CBGB (typo fixed, it was 5am, people), the famous NYC punk rock club, in Savannah.
- A local student was arrested after tweeting about a Columbine-style attack at his school.
- John Sugg really isn’t a fan of Neal Boortz.
- Attorney General Sam Olens is preparing to defend the TSPLOST project list.
- The Georgia Christian Coalition is calling on Chip Rogers to resign his leadership post.
National stories of interest…
- Some are saying that Ted Cruz, who is running for Senate in Texas, is the next Marco Rubio.
- The Sunlight Foundation has launched Politwoops, a collection of deleted tweets from politicians.
- Could Barack Obama’s lackluster record on civil liberties come back to haunt him?
- Spain’s economic problems are a continuing headache for Europe.
- Conor Friedersdorf says that the tactics being used to intimidate conservative bloggers are insane.
- Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell loves the idea of drones flying over the skies of America.
- Dan Rather reports that the end may be near for Hugo Chavez.
- Ron Paul’s Audit the Fed bill will get a vote in July.
- Former Rep. Artur Davis (D-AL) has joined the Republican Party.
- Rep. Thaddeus McCotter’s brief run for president last year has come back to haunt him.
- Jose Canseco is considering a career in politics. Hilarity will no doubt ensue.
- The stimulus bill cost as much at $4.1 million per job.
- Jacob Sullum blasts Obama’s rhetoric on private equity.
A few that I like…
- Braves: 10, Cardinals: 7
- Tyler Pastornicky was sent down to the minors after last night’s game. Andrelton Simmons is being called up.
- How to cure a hangover.
- Todd Frazier, who plays for the Cincinnati Reds, recently saved a choking man’s life.
- Jack White is a brilliant man.