Here in Georgia…
- Senate Rules Chairman Don Balfour, ever the center of controversy, has reimbursed taxpayers for $800 questionable expenses.
- Georgians have mixed feelings about the Internet sales tax.
- Parents in Atlanta are trying to save G.A. Towns Elementary School.
- Fayette County is the healthiest in the state.
National stories of interest…
- It looks like Obama is running his re-election campaign similar to Clinton’s campaign in 1996.
- The Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA) is headed back to court.
- So what would retaliation by Iran after a strike on its nuclear sites look like?
- Antony Davies argues that a high corporate income tax is passed on to consumers by businesses.
- Is the federal government trying to spy on you through your game console?
- Nancy Pelosi predicts a 6-3 decision by the SCOTUS to uphold ObamaCare.
- The DCCC is targeting businesses, including Coke and Wal-Mart, that give money to the American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC).
- House GOP freshman apparently urged their leadership to accept a comprehensive deal with Democrats last year during the debt ceiling debate.
- Jacob Sullum goes over the three things people don’t know about the Trayvon Martin shooting.
- Yahoo! is slashing 2,000 jobs.
A few that I like…
- The Atlanta Braves kick off their season tonight in New York.
- Do you think it’s time for the US to get rid of the penny?
- 59% of Americans think Pete Rose should be in the Hall of Fame.
- Sony will release the Playstation 4 sometime next year.
- The new iPhone is coming in June.
- The Baltimore Orioles lost to a community college baseball team earlier this week.
- Riley Breckenridge v. Bud Light and Clamto