The Museum of Design Atlanta keeps late hours on the last Thursday of every month and hosts Drink in Design, an event included in regular museum admission that features special presentations, complimentary cocktails and more. May’s Drink in Design, Tricks of the Trade, is set for May 31 from 6 to 9 p.m. and is a very special event that requires an extra hour of event time.
Tricks of the Trade will show attendees how to do all sorts of creative things by learning from the artists, designers and craftspeople themselves. Here are just some of the opportunities available:
- Brewing your own beer with a representative from Hop City
- Drawing still life with Mindy Spritz from the Spruill Center for the Arts
- Ikebana (Japanese flower arrangement) with Elaine Jo from Ichiyo Ikebana
- Knitting with the Atlanta Knitting Guild
- Making jewelry with Khatia