Firefighters were called to an early morning fire Monday at the Shell gas station located at the intersection of Dahlonega Street and Sawnee Drive, across from the public library, in Cumming.
Capt. Jason Shivers of the Forsyth County Fire Department said fire and smoke damaged about 20 percent of the building enough to close the business, for now, temporarily.
It is not known how the fire was started and there is no damage estimate at this time.
Shivers did say the fire is believed to be accidental and that an investigation is underway.