Jonathan Fox, one of the co-owners of the Candler Park eatery, said the plan is to reopen Aug. 4 for take-out orders.
The tree, which fell down on the front of the DeKalb Avenue restaurant, destroyed 80 percent of the dining area, but did not damage the kitchen or other parts of the building.
Full repairs could take one to three months, Fox told East Atlanta Patch.
As it happens, Fox said the restaurant had been in negotiations with the property owner next door — home to the oak tree — and had recently made a bid to purchase the land.
In the meantime, he said his phone has been ringing non-stop from customers and well-wishers wanting to