1. This Day in History 1911:The first Indy 500 (originally called the “International Sweepstakes”) took place at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway; the winner was Ray Harroun, who drove a Marmon Wasp for more than 6.5 hours at an average speed of 74.6 mph and collected a prize of $10,000.
2. 10:30 today: Strength Training Class at Saint John’s Church through Canton Council on Aging.
3. Today’s Weather: A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 74. Chance of precipitation is 40percent. In the evening, mostly cloudy, with a low around 58, according to the National Weather Service.
4. Best Gas Prices – Blue Hills Express at 2740 Washington St. has the lowest gas price at $3.57
5. “The most remarkable thing about my mother is that for 30 years she served the family nothing but