By a 3-1 vote, the Dacula City Council awarded the city’s first, and currently the only, liquor license to applicant Heather Weaver during a Jan. 31 called meeting. Councilman Gregory Reeves voted in opposition.
Weaver, along with husband Russ, was behind the successful petition drive which led to the package store referendum. Their store, Dacula Cork and Bottle, will be located near the intersection of Hurricane Shoals and Old Peachtree Road. Russ Weaver will be the manager and involved in the day to day operation of the store. The Weavers expect to open for business in October 2013.
You might also be interested in reading:
- Liquor License Applicants Discuss Experience, Business Plans
- Three Submit Applications to Become Dacula’s First Liquor Store Licensee
- Petitioner Obtains Enough Signatures for Package Store Referendum
- Petitioner: Dacula Package Store Would Be ‘Finest Store in Georgia’
- Dacula Election Results 2012: Package Store Referendum Passes
- If You