Assistant Superintendent Robert Benson will prepare an agenda item for the Board of Education, incorporating the committee’s three top choices.
The committee’s first choice will be presented as the Superintendent Michael Hinojosa’s recommendation. The board will either accept one of the committee’s three names, or vote on and approve another name.
First three choices:
- First Choice: Hendricks Elementary School (named after George Hendricks)
- Second Choice: Seven Springs Elementary School
- Third Choice: Cole Elementary School (named after Sollie C. Cole)
Other names considered by the committee:
- Meadows Elementary School
- Meadow Springs Elementary School
- Salt Springs Elementary School
- Springville Elementary School
- Sweetwater Elementary School
- Sweetwater Creek Elementary School
Behind the Names:
Sollie Cole, who died at age 90, served as chair of the Cobb County Board of Education in the mid-1960s. He and his wife,