In the final redistricting analysis, most of the neighborhoods that comprise East Atlanta Patch got what they wanted.
Among the highlights:
- Grant Park is now wholly zoned to one elementary school.
- Candler Park, Inman Park and Lake Claire stay put at Mary Lin Elementary and in the Grady High School Cluster.
- The neighborhoods of Old Fourth Ward that go to Hope-Hill Elementary also join the Grady cluster.
- Edgewood keeps its school, Whitefoord Elementary, open.
- Summerhill and Cabbagetown go to Parkside Elementary.
- Peoplestown’s neighborhood school, D.H. Stanton Elementary, stays open.
Those communities got what they wanted, partly based on a series of guiding principles Atlanta Public Schools Superintendent Erroll B. Davis Jr. established as a